• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cyprus 10/5 (2 Viewers)

Iceberg slim

Fly by night
United Kingdom
Hi going to protaras in may,just a family break,so probably not a heavy birding trip.
Probably won't have any transport, so any-where good locally.

Hi Hummerman,

I stayed in Protoras when I went to Cyprus, and had some cracking birds on a hillside behind my hotel, showing you really dont have to go far. Any area of scrub or non built up areas can yield anything, I had 1000+ Honey Buzzard, Olive Tree Warbler, Crezchmars and Ortolan Bunting, Quail and loads of other bits within 500m of the hotel!! Nearby birding sites are Paralimni Lake and Cape Greco, Paralimni's good for crakes and waders, Cape Greco for Eleonora's Falcon. A quick wander down to the fields near the beach in Protoras can also be good too, had some good stuff down there such as Citrine Wag. Good luck, I think the key is just to spend some time at local unbuilt up areas.

Cheers

dwayne950 said:
Hi Hummerman,

I stayed in Protoras when I went to Cyprus, and had some cracking birds on a hillside behind my hotel, showing you really dont have to go far. Any area of scrub or non built up areas can yield anything, I had 1000+ Honey Buzzard, Olive Tree Warbler, Crezchmars and Ortolan Bunting, Quail and loads of other bits within 500m of the hotel!! Nearby birding sites are Paralimni Lake and Cape Greco, Paralimni's good for crakes and waders, Cape Greco for Eleonora's Falcon. A quick wander down to the fields near the beach in Protoras can also be good too, had some good stuff down there such as Citrine Wag. Good luck, I think the key is just to spend some time at local unbuilt up areas.

Cheers

Cheers for the info young man,let you know in do course how trip went
M

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back