• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guide, Sinai, Egypt (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
I've been coerced in to a family holiday at some swanky, 'all inclusive', somewhere in the Sinai on the understanding that I can have a few half days to myself. I won't be driving so had hoped to find a high quality, reliable guide with own transport, any recommendations would be gratefully received.

A

Presumably the 'somewhere in the Sinai' means Sharm El-Sheik, other places are not exactly safe :) Sharm is ringed by security and is relatively safe, but if considering venturing away from the fairly 'sheltered' environ of the resort, I'd double check the security situation.

No idea about a guide though, sorry.

Presumably the 'somewhere in the Sinai' means Sharm El-Sheik, other places are not exactly safe :) Sharm is ringed by security and is relatively safe, but if considering venturing away from the fairly 'sheltered' environ of the resort, I'd double check the security situation.

No idea about a guide though, sorry.
I've got no involvement in booking, don't really want to go so not sure exactly where.

There's a couple of tart's ticks for me, I didn't see Sooty Gull on my only, birding visit to Israel, nor did I get in to range for the Grackle which it seems, is easy at St Katherine's monastery.

It might be in Dahab. We went a few years ago. A very pleasant area, much smaller than Sharma El Sheik. All being well the holiday will be there.
According to one report, 'UK travel advice to Egypt was updated at the start of January 2024. However, most tourist hotspots, such as Sharm El-Sheikh and Dahab, which are located on the Red Sea, have been unaffected by recent travel guidelines. '

Users who are viewing this thread

Back