• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.
Nice birds and umbrella!

I think if the number of birds is hard or inconvenient to count, eBird (from what I remember) prefers to have an 'X' as the number of individuals, with '1' reserved for single birds only. I think there's no way to input an 'X' directly from the search field above, but my experiments (and it took me a while to get to know about it all) have shown that if you type '-1', it turns into an 'X' by itself. Checked it just now, and it seems to be working (for me at least). Cheers

Attachments

• Method 1) type....jpg
    Method 1) type....jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Method 1) ...and click.jpg
    Method 1) ...and click.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Method 2) the usual tick.jpg
    Method 2) the usual tick.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Nice birds and umbrella!

I think if the number of birds is hard or inconvenient to count, eBird (from what I remember) prefers to have an 'X' as the number of individuals, with '1' reserved for single birds only. I think there's no way to input an 'X' directly from the search field above, but my experiments (and it took me a while to get to know about it all) have shown that if you type '-1', it turns into an 'X' by itself. Checked it just now, and it seems to be working (for me at least). Cheers

Aha thanks for the tips :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back