• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding holiday suggestions (1 Viewer)

shrek48

Looking foir birding holiday suggestions, Uk or EU, not a huge budget so looking at places in the uk to drive to or maybe short flights to the EU, what do you suggest !

Hi Shrek. For UK I’d head to Norfolk or East Riding of Yorkshire. Both doable in about 5 hours from South Wales. A bit further would be Mull. Both eagle species and great seafood.

Rich

Outside of the UK, a trip to Brittany could be interesting as there are species there that are not present/rare in the UK (thinking about Middle-Spotted Woodpecker, Black Woodpecker, Short-Toed Treecreeper and Crested Tit for example).

Outside of the UK, a trip to Brittany could be interesting as there are species there that are not present/rare in the UK (thinking about Middle-Spotted Woodpecker, Black Woodpecker, Short-Toed Treecreeper and Crested Tit for example).
Thinking of Spain too for that very reason, something abit different ;-)

Thinking of Spain too for that very reason, something abit different ;-)

I did a mallorca weekend a few weeks back and the combination of ease of transport and quality birds around the north of the island was great and the mallorca thread here is very helpful. Southern Spain is amazing. Both work for the holiday side of it as well

The North Norfolk coast is a popular birding destination for many. Not sure how much the hotels are, as its popular i imagine it wont be too cheap.

The North Norfolk coast is a popular birding destination for many. Not sure how much the hotels are, as its popular i imagine it wont be too cheap.

Depends on the time of year, I got a lovely airbnb very cheaply and located well for the main sites a few years back. There's one bedroom flats on airbnb from 72 a night in august. You'd get more birds and similar prices abroad admittedly

Depends on the time of year, I got a lovely airbnb very cheaply and located well for the main sites a few years back. There's one bedroom flats on airbnb from 72 a night in august. You'd get more birds and similar prices abroad admittedly
True, it depends on the time of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back