• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone have experience with this tour company: Birding2Asia (1 Viewer)

No experience of him professionally but I met Stijn when I was birding independently in Philippines and he was guiding. He was a great bloke who went out of his way to share his (considerable amount of) gen with me. Not all guides are like that so he gets a whopping thumbs up from me 👍👍

No experience of him professionally but I met Stijn when I was birding independently in Philippines and he was guiding. He was a great bloke who went out of his way to share his (considerable amount of) gen with me. Not all guides are like that so he gets a whopping thumbs up from me 👍👍
Was this in the past few years or over a decade ago?

Thanks for the feedback, seems like a good guide, but little to no recent information or any testimonials online.
There is a trip report from N Thailand on their website from January this year. Personally, the number of tours running as well as the feedback of members here would indicate a tour with B2A is a safe bet for anyone wanting a guided tour, but then again, Asia is (in some ways) easy to do independently.

There is a trip report from N Thailand on their website from January this year. Personally, the number of tours running as well as the feedback of members here would indicate a tour with B2A is a safe bet for anyone wanting a guided tour, but then again, Asia is (in some ways) easy to do independently.
Thanks for the feedback, didn't even notice they had recent trip reports, seems like their first one post-pandemic years.

I was looking around as a potential introduction tour to the region. Never been to Asia, so at least for the first tour, I wanted a helping hand, plus their Philippines itinerary seemed to cater what I needed, without telling me to spend $9k on it.

Did their 3 week Philippines tour in 2019. Highly recommended - you get to cover a lot of the itinerary with Pete Simpson who is excellent and a really lovely guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back