• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Experiences with Partnership for International Birding (1 Viewer)

lgonz1008

United States
Found out about this company recently, they seem to be the one tour company that truly goes for local guides as the main guide while keeping it accessible for many people to join. The prices seem pretty good and most (if not all) of the guides and itineraries seem to rival the ones from big name tour companies like Rockjumper Birding and FIELD GUIDES.

My question is this, does anyone have experience working with this company directly? Not with the local guides they work with but with them as a logistics compiler/partner? I would love to travel on a budget while still seeing a good number of my targets and sharing my experiences with other birders, but haven't been able to find any reviews online for the company as a whole.

Any experiences would be appreciated for future reference when I want to plan my own trips.

Found out about this company recently, they seem to be the one tour company that truly goes for local guides as the main guide while keeping it accessible for many people to join. The prices seem pretty good and most (if not all) of the guides and itineraries seem to rival the ones from big name tour companies like Rockjumper Birding and FIELD GUIDES.

My question is this, does anyone have experience working with this company directly? Not with the local guides they work with but with them as a logistics compiler/partner? I would love to travel on a budget while still seeing a good number of my targets and sharing my experiences with other birders, but haven't been able to find any reviews online for the company as a whole.

Any experiences would be appreciated for future reference when I want to plan my own trips.
My wife and I used them to organise a trip to Costa Rica a couple of years ago. They were excellent, they organised accommodation, a guide and transport for the whole 2 weeks and all went smoothly. They catered for what we were looking for, i.e Decent places to stay, a relaxed but full itinerary style of birding. Would have no hesitation with recommending them. Prices seemed better/comparable than the big tour companies and the personal attention was great

A few years ago I spoke to them at Bird Fair and was impressed; However when I tried to contact them pre-COVID I failed to get any answers from them. I hope this was simply bad luck on my part; I would be most interested to hear if you manage to contact them as I would like to investigate their offerings further.

My wife and I used them to organise a trip to Costa Rica a couple of years ago. They were excellent, they organised accommodation, a guide and transport for the whole 2 weeks and all went smoothly. They catered for what we were looking for, i.e Decent places to stay, a relaxed but full itinerary style of birding. Would have no hesitation with recommending them. Prices seemed better/comparable than the big tour companies and the personal attention was great
Thank you for the information, this gives me hope because some of their trips (not all of them), have a lot of potential to be great and budget friendly for a limited free time birder. Really liked the prices for their Central America, Australia and Asia tours.

Last edited:
A few years ago I spoke to them at Bird Fair and was impressed; However when I tried to contact them pre-COVID I failed to get any answers from them. I hope this was simply bad luck on my part; I would be most interested to hear if you manage to contact them as I would like to investigate their offerings further.
Will let you know when I eventually reach out to them, right now have my hands a bit full for 2022 (Guyana and hopefully Costa Rica), but who knows down the line. I've seen that they upload at least once a month one of their webinars for a place they do trips to, so it looks like they aren't out of the game and mostly waiting to get back out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back