• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Worcestershire Garden Watch (1 Viewer)

Birds are certainly on the move at the mo. Yesterday afternoon I had a Chiffchaff spend quite a while flycatching in my garden, only the 2nd one I have recorded since living here (in a terraced street in a town centre).

I have recorded a single Willow Warbler in the past too and all of these birds have come during August and the Autumn migration period.

Also of note was a single Swallow over heading Southwest

Bats are Back !

Having enjoyed watching bats over the garden for many years, there has been no sign of any this year :-C....until this evening..delighted to see 2 hawking around this evening ! B :)

Collared Doves

Up to three weeks ago we had never had more then two Collared Doves in our garden at any one time. Then one day then there were three, then four now today we had eight at one time. I guess that Collared Doves have had a very successful summer for breeding in our area!

Since the 5th December there have been 3♂ overwintering Blackcaps visiting my garden feeding station. A photo of one is attached

Attachments

• Blackcap (Sylvia atricapilla) - Kidderminster, 7th December 2013.jpg
    Blackcap (Sylvia atricapilla) - Kidderminster, 7th December 2013.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 77
Did my Garden-watch this morning. The generally mild winter has seen my garden fairly devoid of birds for the most part and, with the in persistent rain, not too surprised at the low species count.

Greenfinch 1.............Blackcap 1 (male)
Carrion Crow 1..........Goldfinch 1
Blue Tit 3.................Wren 1
Blackbird 5...............Long-tailed Tit 2
Great Tit 1

My Garden Watch yesterday similarly damp and uneventful. No sign of the Coal Tits that were until yesterday ever-present.

Wood Pigeon 3
Blackbird 3
Blue Tit 2
Dunnock 2
Blackcap (male) 1
Jackdaw 1
Great Tit 1

One minute video clip through a window:

Garden Bird Watch

My garden watch at the weekend

House Sparrow..............5 Chaffinch................1
Coal Tit........................2 Greenfinch..............2
Great Tit.......................2 Goldfinch................1
Blue Tit........................4 Collared Dove..........2
Dunnock......................2

Three fledged juvenile Bullfinches appeared in the garden this evening with one of the local pairs. Hopefully more to come from the other pair.

The first weekend this autumn/winter that good numbers of species have been seen in the garden, minimum numbers of the scarcer species being: Coal Tit (2), Nuthatch (2) and Bullfinch (1 pair). Also noted were: Great Tit, Blue Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Greenfinch, Dunnock, Wood Pigeon, Blackbird, Magpie.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back