• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trip to Kenya for Birds and Mammals (1 Viewer)

Carol Baldock

Carol Rushton
Trip to Kenya for Birds and Mammals

My husband and I are very interested in visiting Kenya, where we have not previously visited. We have a keen interest in both birds and mammals, and enjoy safaris (which we have previously undertaken in South Africa). We would be interested in sharing a trip, with people with similar interests. We have a large degree of flexibility on the dates, but would like to time our visit with a good time of year for birding.

I can recommend Joseph Mwangi (Natures Wonderland Safaris) as a birding safari operator. He can do a trip just for you or a small group but also offers fixed date departures a couple of times a year that you can book on.

Joseph is on BF so he will probably see this.

Steve

Rob and I remain very interested in sharing a trip to Kenya, with people who are also interested in both birds and mammals. As stated, we have a large degree of flexibility on the dates, but would like to time our visit with a good time of year for birding.

We are open minded about which parts of Kenya are visited, but would like to undertake some safaris.

If anyone has any interest please do let us know.

Thank you,

Carol and Rob

Rob and I remain very interested in sharing a trip to Kenya, with people who are also interested in both birds and mammals.

If you are looking for companions, I'd suggest you post in the Companions for Birding Trips subforum. You'll probably get more responses.

Thank you Jim for your help.

I did post there , I believe, on the 22nd May, but have not received any responses yet.

I have just updated the above entry to make it clear that Rob and I are open minded about which parts of Kenya are visited, as I did not make that expressly clear in my last entry.

Thank you again for your help, Jim.

Best wishes,

Carol

Rob and I remain very interested in sharing a trip to Kenya, with people who are also interested in both birds and mammals. We have a large degree of flexibility on the dates, but would like to time our visit with a good time of year for birding.

We are open minded about which parts of Kenya are visited, but would like to undertake some safaris.

If anyone has any interest please do let us know.

Thank you,

Carol and Rob

Carol,

When I went to Kenya a few years ago I went on a tour led by Ben Mugambi. He's one of the leading birders in Kenya and has his own tour company: Ben's Ecological Safaris

It was focused on birding, but we certainly made an effort to see mammals. Frankly, in Kenya, it's hard not to do both. Many of the prime birding locations are the better game parks.

Jeff

Last edited:
Thank you for you reply, Jeff, which is really very helpful. :t:

Being at the beginning of my research re this trip and having not visited Kenya before, I am starting from a very low base, knowledge wise.

I will definitely follow up on the contact that you have recommended.

Best wishes,

Carol

Carol,

When I went to Kenya a few years ago I went on a tour led by Ben Mugambi. He's one of the leading birders in Kenya and has his own tour company: Ben's Ecological Safaris

It was focused on birding, but we certainly made an effort to see mammals. Frankly, in Kenya, it's hard not to do both. Many of the prime birding locations are the better game parks.

Jeff

I can also recommend Joseph Mwangi Kariuki of natures wonderland safaris . I have birded with him over 15 years and he is excellent and a good organiser of trips .

Mike D

EX Nairobi now in uk

Hi Mike, Thank you for your helpful reply. Sorry for my delayed response , as we have only just returned from a 9 day holiday away.
Best wishes, Carol

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back