• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

18 Day Primate and Birding Safari Uganda - January 2025 (1 Viewer)

I am looking for a few people to join me on an 18 day Safari with a Ugandan tour company this winter - most likely January. The Safari would include a Mountain Gorilla and a Chimpanzee component, and all the African safari large mammal standards, but our guide will have a good knowledge of birds and there would be regular outings focusing on seeing bird species. Because the company I'm hiring is Ugandan, the price of this tour is very, very good (less than US250/day with a group of 4/ based on double occupancy). Currently 2 others are interested in joining me but I'm hoping for a group of 6 to optimize the group size and price. Let me know if you want more info, or if you'd like me to send you the suggested itinerary.

Well, that sounds tempting, could you send or post the itinerary?
Hi! Roughly, the tour starts in Entebbe, and travels a loop to the north, west, then south and east back to Entebbe. The first day after arrival has us looking for shoebill Storks at Mabamba swamp, then the route we travel is to Murchson falls, Kibale NP, Queen Elizabeth NP, Bwindi NP, Mgahinga NP, Lake Bunyonyi with the final night at Lake Mburo. Plus lots of stops in between. Of the 17 nights, we stay at 12 lodges, meaning only 2 nights at 5 lodges so it's very intense. I personally plan to stay at Lake Mburo a few days to regroup and bird solo in a more relaxed manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back