• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

There is no cure for stupid ... (Farallon Islands poison plan) (1 Viewer)

Regarding the initial post, there seems to be increasing usage of click bait on Birdforums, as elsewhere. This will be my only contribution to this thread, as I have learned (the hard way) that lack of ‘oxygen’ is the best response. 😉

Regarding the initial post, there seems to be increasing usage of click bait on Birdforums, as elsewhere. This will be my only contribution to this thread, as I have learned (the hard way) that lack of ‘oxygen’ is the best response. 😉
I agree with your point about click-bait titles, and perhaps this is something for mods to consider, but I think it's important to challenge opinions that are based on ignorance and emotion rather than rational examination of facts. Otherwise, the "silent majority" sits back and watches the squeaky wheels given more credence than they merit.

Putting aside words like outrage you need to consider that the strength of your argument rests on a series of falsehoods, or at the very least moral calculations that put you at odds with the vast majority of people who care about wild birds

“There is no problem with rodents on the Farallones” - there is

“DDT and diclofenac are cautionary examples of cases where trying to do the right thing led to more severe unintended consequences” - they aren’t

You are entitled to express your arguments here but not entitled to a sympathetic reception when those arguments are so weak

James

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back