• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The last post... (1 Viewer)

Richard,

Such sad news indeed...

It was a pleasure to have birded with you. That Mauritania trip remains one of my favourites to date.

You will be missed.

Very sad news, indeed. Likewise, I'd like to echo all the positive comments above.

Even if you're no longer posting, it's good to know you'll still be lurking :)

Cheers and all the very best.

My thanks too.

I tend to be a lurker myself, and your contributions on this subforum are one of the main reasons I use Birdforum.

You will be missed indeed, probably by many more than you may realise.

I can only echo those words. While not a contributor, I have been an avid reader of the taxonomy subforum over the last few years. And your contributions are indeed the main reason behind that.

I ought to thank you for having fuelled the growing interest in bird taxonomy of a young birder.

Aw no!! Really sorry to hear this news Richard.
Don't think there's anything I can add to all the sentiments already posted.
Your presence on BF will be sorely missed.
Good luck in your fight with this awful illness

Another lurker chiming in and I can just repeat what others have already said. Thanks for all your work making this subforum the go to place for news regarding taxonomy. Best wishes and good luck.

and another lurker, as with what has already been said, thanks for all your efforts on this forum and best wishes for your fight.

Very sorry to hear both the news and the reason for it. As a non-taxonomist who took ages to even click the link to read this forum, but eventually found it one of the most fascinating parts of BirdForum, I can vouch for the big difference your contributions have made to raising my interest in taxonomy.

Yes, Richard, I was sorry to read your post #7. I appreciate your level of expertise and how you share your knowledge. I do hope that things turn around for you.

Richard, thank you for the information, insight, humor, and temperance you've displayed on this forum - I hope that all of us can be inspired by your example and strive for "Klim-like" posts in the future.

At the very least, you should know that you have made an immense and positive difference for so many of us... literally throughout the world.

-Kirk

Richard

Hi Everyone

Thank you for all your kind words.
Richard passed away peacefully yesterday afternoon.
This group was his passion and lifeline and he made many friends.

Erica, Jenny & Justin

The Klim Klan

Dear Erica and family, please accept my sincere condolences and deepest sympathy to all the family and friends of Richard. He sure was a top man and will be sadly missed.

Dear Erica, thank you for letting us know. What very, very sad news.

My condolences to you and your family.

He will leave a deep hole in your family and ours too.

Erica, Jenny & Justin,

I never met Richard as I'm sure many of the BF contributors never did. But, through his posts, witty intellect and ever-thoughtful insight, feel like I knew him. Please accept my condolences at your family's and the Birdforum family's loss.

Stu

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back