• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Essex Winter Waxwing Thread (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the info on the Maldon Waxwings, walked around the Town this afternoon with Bins in hand but no luck..

30+ in Hawkwell along Rectory Road.

Ive checked here before as plenty of berry trees here and just up the road from my house, again. All around me but not yet in the garden..

50 in Maldon off Fambridge Road on Limebrook Way near West Maldon Comunity Centre: 12 flew over Leigh on Sea, 8 at Frinton, 3 at West Thurrock Marshes

A good Waxwing morning for me dropping kids at various activities. 32+ at Talbot Street/adjacent A120 verge in Harwich and two groups (8+2 at least) in Great Oakley - the 8 at the very northern end of the village, 2 just south of the village centre.

Saw 70 at Tintern Avenue, Rochford this afternoon.

As the birds are in back gardens surrounded by houses and windows I didn't think it was a good idea to get the camera out...

went to lakeside this morning finally caught up with waxwings got some nice shots i hope but you always get one stupid guy ,this guy spoiled it for the rest kept chasing them trying to get close ended up scareing the flock off

20 waxwings reported in chelmsford central park, parkway side between Gemini Suite and subway for cricket ground!!

I haven't seen waxwings this winter...These are very local! Need to try see these ! Getting to the point where I feel when I have the time to see them there going to be gone. Let's hope they stick around.

There are dwindling numbers now as most birds have moved through, there will still a few birds cropping up here and there.

We could see a return passage of birds as on previous influx years in march and April so keep an eye on sites that still have berries at that time

Just learnt there were 200+ Waxwings yesterday at 2pm at Wickford in Wickford Memorial Park along Runwell Road.

Thats pretty sizeable a flock

Just seen a flock of 30+ Waxwings at the top of Rokescroft, Pitsea.
(Photos to follow)
They flew towards Aldi (where the market is)
Going across there now

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back