• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Testwood Lakes(Hampshire) (1 Viewer)

On the 19th April a male Goosander was seen at Testwood Lakes as well as a Common Sandpiper. Up to 4 Little Ringed Plovers have also been seen, and a Nightingale has been heard on several occasions. Other species recorded on the reserve include Cuckoo, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Garden Warbler, Whitethroat & Lesser Whitethroat. There is also a regular pair of Little Owls on Hill Street. Several species of dragonfly have also been seen recently.

Sand Martin Success!

During the 05/06 winter a Sand Martin bank was built on the edge of Meadow Lake. Last summer several birds were seen prospecting the holes but unfortunately none chose to use them. But this year every hole has been used, a great success! Also at the moment the Nightingale is continuing to sing, usually early morning. There has also been a recent report of a Wood Sandpiper.

20/5

At least 4 Little Ringed Plovers from the hide, pair of Oystercatcher, Whitethroats, Red Kite over, Harrier sp over. Also Barn Owl hunting other side of motorway at Moorcourt Farm

lost harris hawk

Hi Tom
I have lost my Harris Hawk of eleven years from Yateley in Hampshire.
Please can you tell me where Testwood Lakes are near to as it could be him ?
Graham

Last edited:
Hi Graham,
I have heard that this bird has been in the area for quite a while, although of course Harris Hawks are not particularly unusual escapes and there as several other regulars in Hampshire, so it may not be your bird. Testwood Lakes is next to the M3 and north-west of Totton and the Redbridge flyover.
Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back