• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski prices going up 7%? (1 Viewer)

I was a kid those days and my parents had their first house built. Is costed them 7.500,00 euro and was sold not so long ago for more than a million.
Am I complaining????
You should, because it just means that the money is worth less, not that the binocular or the house is worth more.

Birding, and other nature activities,
have always been a helpful diversion for me from the stress of life.
A good pair of binoculars will be appreciated.

edj
Well said. All of it.

Re: price hikes. Not happy about it, but for perspective, consider the luxury watch industry. More than 1 million Rolex watches, for example, are sold annually, with the even cheapest model costing far more than a pair of Swaro NLs. My Casio digital watch costs less than $50 and is as accurate as a $5k Rolex. A purchaser of a high-end watch derives satisfaction from his purchase for a variety of reasons -- and that's certainly fine. Same with alpha binoculars, but with them you get a performance boost and don't have to worry about the plethora of fakes that plague the high-end watch industry. Compared to a luxury watch, we're getting off cheap.
Fake luxury watches

Moreover, for me, my alphas keep giving back and using them provides great satisfaction on a hike or birding trip. Can't say the same thing about using my Casio watch, though it has more performance features (e.g., alarms) than a Rolex.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back