• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski eye candy... (17 Viewers)

Love those orange NL’s , and especially in 8x👍. You really should be ashamed of yourself, a man of your means and there’s no 10x42 on that table 🤣.

Btw, nice photos.

Paul
I wouldn't doubt the means of the mogul paul- the set of el ranges are the 10x42's although they are conspicuously not the latest model - that will no doubt be in its box inside though.

Some pictures from a hike this summer, carrying my new NL 10x42. I walked the same route 10 years ago, carrying one of my other Swarovskis, an habicht 8x30. I will try to find some pictures from that hiking and post them here.

View attachment 1525722View attachment 1525723
That’s a really nice story and some lovely pictures. Looking forward to the old pictures with the 8x30 and wondering what kind of tea? Is in the beautiful handcrafted wooden bowl 🤔

I started with the Zeiss Terra sold them and went for Leica trinovid sold them and went all out Swaro , I just preferred the edge to edge clarity
Terra and Trinovid are not in the same class as Swarovski, apples and oranges. But I get the edge to edge sharpness , if we’re talking EL and NL. 🙏🏼

I started with the Zeiss Terra…Leica trinovid sold them and went all out Swaro…
So you didn’t like the cheaper lines from those two companies and conflate that into meaning that both are inferior brands somehow? Hmmm.
Seems you also just skipped Nikon, Opticron, Vortex and the rest, but as long as you’re happy all’s good.

Some pictures from a hike this summer, carrying my new NL 10x42. I walked the same route 10 years ago, carrying one of my other Swarovskis, an habicht 8x30. I will try to find some pictures from that hiking and post them here.
Wow -- great photos of some incredible scenery. Have to ask: what was the distance of the route you took and what mountains are those? Approx. elevation where you took those photos? Thanks.

That is a nice line up! I think it now covers all you need. Or is there something missing?
Is it a nl 10x42 in the middle?
That’s an 8x42 probably the most used pair, I do find the head rest very good even on 8’s but there are times when I prefer the lighter EL 8x32 so if I were to change anything from the line up I would like to change the EL’s for NL 8x32 as the focus is silky smooth, slightly larger fov and the addition of the head rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back