• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Product Review: Opticron Adventurer T WP 6.5 x 32 (1 Viewer)

Got my T WP 6.5 x 32 today from Amazon UK: unfortunately, binoculars arrived noticeably uncollimated, though I was able to converge images by straining my eyes, but this isn't great viewing experience. Also, diopter adjustment ring isn't centered: for my eyes I usually need only slight turn ring one notch to "-", but here I needed to turn it almost to the range limit in order to adjust it. So, it was a "lemon". I know, that it's affordable MIC binoculars, but I hoped Opticron can resolve QC problem- but, not in this specific case.

Hello Nikkor1,

Sorry to hear about your experiences. I guess these things happen from time to time.

Out of interest, there is a thread on Cloudynights discussing small Porros like the APM 6 x 30 and 8x 30 and its various clones.

Post # 60 on that thread mentions the Opticron Adventurer T WP 6.5x 32 in comparison to a few of these models

Kind Regards,

Neil.

Another observation: how small central sharpness area is. I estimate only 50% (radially) is in excellent focus, rest is blurred due to field curvature. It was really unpleasant, so all that wide view area is mostly un-useful. May be I to spoiled by binoculars with decent flat views (CANON 10x30 IS II, STYRKA S7 8x30)

Hi. I feel that the Bin really shines in dense forested areas, due to the curvature you can get both forground and background in focus together. There are certain situations when birding when I thought this was beneficial. It’s a unique tool, different. Amazing read, learned a lot from the Post Neil. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back