• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peru Lodges (1 Viewer)

mcali

I'm going to peru in December with my girlfried (who is peruvian - the ideal birders girlfriend). We're going to Puerto Maldonado and want to stay a few nights in a jungle lodge. Can anyone recommed a good one - there seem to be quite a few there. Some of them seem to organise every minute of your stay whereas others let you do what you want. Something inbetween would be good I think.

I went to Explorers Inn, Tambopata in 2005. Pretty good value, if it's still the same the birdwatchers package is actually the cheapest way to stay. Basically it means no guide, you probably wouldn't want to go on the general public trips anyway but I got the impression that if we'd asked we'd have been allowed to join some.

Try not to spend too long in Puerto Maldonado, it is possibly the most mind bogglingly dull place I have visited! Just about bearable in the evening if you consume enough alcohol.

Steve

http://www.freewebs.com/stevebabbs/index.htm

I actually posted that last year! But thanks for the reply anyway. We stayed at the explorers Inn. Not sure which package we were on but we had our own guide which was very useful, and spent a day camping further down river. Great place.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back