• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Patching Hurstpierpoint (1 Viewer)

Was tipped off about a large flock of Yellowhammer in the local area, managed to track them down, not through any magic fieldwork, they were in the exact field where i was told they were :) weather was murky, birds were flighty, but nice to see a sizable flock, 100+ birds, got Peregrine on me year list as well which was a bonus! More on the blog at the link

559A7262.JPG

Bit of Garden Sprawk action today

559A5184.JPG

Headed down to the bottom of Bullfinch Lane today, to see if the Yellowhammers had returned, they had! Hurrah!! Full report on the Blog at the link!
559A8471.JPG
559A9166.JPG

Wander around "the Patch" off the Old London Road this morning, Nightingale heard, Kingfisher seen, Linnets, Yellowhammer, Green Woodpecker and a few Common Whitethroats the best of the rest! More on the blog!

559A9054.JPG
559A9117.JPG

Wolstonbury Hill this morning, grey and cold and not much about, although a pair of very showy Green Woodpeckers saved the day at the end!! Apart from that it was mainly Pipits and Skylarks!!!

559A4070.JPG
559A3723.JPG

Spent a bit of time watching Swifts above our house, our local Eco group Hurst Rethink has put some Swift Boxes up near us, I applied for one but they had run out by the time I knew about it. They are playing calls to try and bring the Swifts in and it appears to be working, with up to 14 in the area!! Fingers cross they move in either, this year or next! More pics on the blog at the link!
559A4252.JPG

Headed back down Bullfinch Lane today for a bit of Yellowhammer action, found several!! Lots of Skylarks, a few Linnets and Goldfinches amongst other stuff seen as well. Enjoyable couple of hours! Lot more pics on the blog. Especially if you like Yellowhammers!!

559A5500.JPG

A few pics from the Garden on the blog mostly Starlings and Sparrows!

559A5907.JPG

A walk along the Downs adjacent to Hurstpierpoint, from the Clayton Windmills towards the Ditchling Beacon, didn't make it to the Beacon, but a nice walk none the less. Skylarks, Yellowhammers and Linnets the avian highlights!! The views all around are pretty good as well!! Lot more pictures on the Blog at the Link! There are also some pictures of a Sparrowhawk that visited the garden whilst I was writing the Blog!

559A9099.JPG559A9345.JPG

559A9601.JPG

Back on the Patch today, surprisingly good on the bird front, with Green Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Yellowhammer, showy Kestrel, Swifts among the highlights! More pics and a more detailed report on the Blog at the link!

559A0621.JPG

559A1690.JPG

Hit the Patch again today in the hope of a bit of Migration, sadly very quiet, though couple of Sedge Warblers, a few Whitethroats and at least 3 singing Chiffchaffs gave the impression of movement. Of the locals Yellowhammer, Green Woodpecker and Nuthatches were on show, but hte weather was very conducive for photography! More pics and a fuller account on the Blog at the link.

Patch "N" Pie

559A4974.JPG

Local walk to start the year, stroll down Bullfinch Lane has got my year list to 33 which is about my usual start!! Long-tailed Tits, Goldcrest and Treecreeper the highlights!! More pics on the blog at the link
Long-tailed Tit
559A7123.JPG

Treecreeper
559A7409.JPG

Walk today off the Albourne Road, very quiet, Fieldfare, Redwings, Song Thrushes in low numbers, a Kestrel, a Sparrowhawk and a couple of Woodpeckers the best I could manage in nearly three hours!! more on the blog at the link

Fieldfare
559A4849.JPG

The latest from the Garden and a Short local walk on the blog at the link, also a Brownie recipe on the Blog!

Went and saw the Burgess Hill Waxwings this morning, showed well enough but the light once again was terrible, seems to be this winter that whenever I go and see Waxwings the sun does a runner!!! More pics on the blog at the link, bit of cake action on there as well!!

559A8926.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back