• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panama Contacts (1 Viewer)

Hilde

Belgium
Hello,
My husband and I are planning a trip to Panama january/february 2023.
we always try to explore a country on our own with a rental car.
I am a birder (an active volunteer, monitoring Birds and Dragonflies in Belgium) and my husband is more a real holiday enjoyer :) -
To keep both parties happy it would be nice to obtain adresses to some great locations (lodges or something) with gardens and trails so I can go out birding whenever I like.
It would also be great to have the help now and then from an experienced local birder, available at the lodge (or nature guide for reptiles etc etc) to learn, see & hear more.
Hope reading some proposals soon.
The Panama Rainforest Discovery Center already gave me the personal details of Jose Perez, so the Soberania area should be covered if a positive answer.
Kinds Regards,
Hilde & Paul

Hello Hilde,
can recommend Panama from three visits. I do not see you mentioning how far/long you are planning for? Areas around Volcan Baru/Boquete in Western Panama jump out if you are there for a while. Somewhat closer is El Valle de Anton in Cocle.

There has been other recent threads on Panama with helpful information including some in this section of the forum:
Niels

Hello Hilde,
can recommend Panama from three visits. I do not see you mentioning how far/long you are planning for? Areas around Volcan Baru/Boquete in Western Panama jump out if you are there for a while. Somewhat closer is El Valle de Anton in Cocle.

There has been other recent threads on Panama with helpful information including some in this section of the forum:
Niels
Hi Niels, Thank you for your Reply. Normally will we there from the 15th of January untill the 20th February. we would like to visit the Darien province to start with but that seems only possible through organised trips, which are quite expensive. so have to look into this. For the rest I think we already covered the Soberian national park. so 3 weeks left for other locations.
grts Hilde

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back