• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

One Careful Owner ! (1 Viewer)

I can’t find In Focus on Twitter and can't find the binoculars on their website.
Probably worth a punt, depending on price.
Swarovski would be happy to re-armour them (for a fee).

Last edited:
@infocusOptics On twitter mar 18, worn down or maybe picked off? If the view was still good I’d gladly give them a nice retirement along with my similarly bald 12x36IS. Maybe the owner didn’t like the “envy green” colour and wanted to be a bit more incognito??

Peter

Came across this while perusing the "inter-web" on this rain soaked day.
Thought someone would have picked this up already.
From In-Focus Twitter Site.
DISCUSS !
The former owner might have been a stalker hunter who dragged his EL through the "mud, the blood, and the beer."

The bottom line is the optics. Armoring and eyecups can be replaced but if the optics inside look as bad as the outside, fagetaboutit!

Not sure the warranty would be honored. Even Swarovski has their limits.

But look at the good side -- in that condition no one is ever going to steal them -- perfect for travel to dangerous countries.

Last edited:
The former owner might have been a stalker hunter who dragged his EL through the "mud, the blood, and the beer."

The bottom line is the optics. Armif the optics are ok,oring and eyecups can be replaced but if the optics inside look as bad as the outside, fagetaboutit!
So true, the outside does not matter if the optics are ok.
We all remember Chandler Robbins' iconic binoculars, they looked a lot worse and still served.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back