• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Offshore 10 (1 Viewer)

david r

Ahoy all,
Here are my latest obs from the central North sea.
Dave

Attachments

• 22-7-04.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF0026.JPG
    DSCF0026.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 173
Hi David,

Very interesting observations as always. Is the sandpiper in the photo the one you haven't identified? It looks like a Purple Sandpiper to me, although in a funny plumage.

Jason, The Dove offshore did not look anything like the ones in the site that you gave me, Here is another pix of it.

Attachments

• DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 139
Andrew,
No, that pix was taken yesterday morning while I was waiting on the arrival of the helicopter to take me back to the beach.
I also observed a Wryneck ( a first for the unit ), Swallow, Wheatear, Whinchat, Common scoter. Things were starting to happen and I had to go back home.

Attachments

• DSCF0028.JPG
    DSCF0028.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF0024.JPG
    DSCF0024.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back