• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Local Patch (1 Viewer)

Lonchurabells said:
Hi Mark,

You certainly get around! I saw a Regent Honeyeater yesterday Nth of Mudgee near the Goulburn River National Park. Very exciting!

Regards Ian (Lonchurabells).
Ian it was part of a world trip i planned in 1995 it started in HK,China,Vietnam,Thailand and finally Australia.It was supposed to go to NZ then across to south America but ended up back tracking to Indonesia before coming back to UK.PShow are Regent Honeyeaters doing this year i know their numbers fluctuate alot.Have you done any of the pelagics off NSW this year?

mark ridsdale said:
Ian it was part of a world trip i planned in 1995 it started in HK,China,Vietnam,Thailand and finally Australia.It was supposed to go to NZ then across to south America but ended up back tracking to Indonesia before coming back to UK.PShow are Regent Honeyeaters doing this year i know their numbers fluctuate alot.Have you done any of the pelagics off NSW this year?

I have not been involved in any work on the Regent Honeyeater. Just got lucky.. very lucky. Sounds like agreat trip! Regards Ian.

This year ive a new challenge for my wife. As i turned 40 last year my amazing wife wanted to treat me to a great present of my choice. After much deliberation i came up with a birding present. THE challenge ia for my non birding partnerto find and id 100 species during 2011. Be the determined woman my wife is i knew she couldnt refuse. So now its mid feb Louise has now amassed a total of 30 species but more importantly is the genuine joy ive seen her spottinf ( and identifying) long tailed tit, goldfinch and great views of eider.

the mrs year list

I bent the rules a bit today. While picking up my son from school i got 30+ Waxwings trilling happily away in the trees of his school (Christ Church Primary).Louise (my wife) was nearby so a quick call sent her speeding along (with our youngest in pram)....would the birds hang about in the berryless trees?
They did and dispite no bins we got good views. I allowed the tick even though Lou hadnt found or identified the birds but Waxwings ARE Waxwings.

Hi Mark
Not sure how active this thread is (last post in feb this year!), mind you this is the first time i've logged in for years aswell, this summer i've spent a bit of time walking around what I think is your patch, i'm thinking the wasteland between Royal Quays and East Howdon? Its certainly an interesting bit of land that I think may people overlook as its appears to be nothing special. I also happen to work for the water company that owns the reserve down there, been there 8 years now and i've not been across to the hide yet. I've know its there but I think on monday i'll make enquiries as to how it can be accessed and who by.
Cheers
Anth

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back