• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa 6.5x32 or Nikon Action EX 7x35 (1 Viewer)

Interesting that some perceive Kowa as sharper and other Nikon as sharper...
But the biggest difference between these bins should be the eye relief. Kowa should be much better for eyeglasses wearers. Anyone who tried it with eyeglasses?

Yes, I haven't double checked the specs but with the close fitting sunglasses I sometimes use, I easily get the full FOV with the Kowa 6.5. Generally, ER of 14mm or more works great for me so as always YMMV.

Mike

hello,
I have had the opportunity to use the little Kowa 6.5x32 binocular day and night over the past weekend.
Well, my observations have a mixed opinion, what I liked was the close observation, flowers and insects, even rocks present a very sharp and vivid central image... I didn't like the large field of view, the aberration is brutal. ..
my unit had play in the focus wheel, I did not like the touch of it, my finger did not grip well although it was smooth as butter.
I also didn't like the feeling in my hands, very heavy in such a small pack, I didn't counterbalance it well enough... the image, despite being 6.5x, moved a lot...
In short, all these things have not convinced me enough..!!
Cheers
PG.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back