• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Japan - Kanagawa Help (1 Viewer)

ampersand

France
I live in Yokohama. Can anyone advise me on good birdwatching spots in and around the Kanagawa prefecture?

I just spent a few days near Kobuchizawa in Yatsugatake mountains and enjoyed the birds and walks in the forests.

If someone could recommend spots a bit closer to home that would be great. Habitat is not important.

I have been mostly birding along the Tsurimi and Tama rivers but would like to try something a bit different now.

John

Hello,Jhon and Stella

It's nice to meet you two!

I hope you will have a grance this thread again, even the original purpous might be completed.
I'm sorry, I could be of your help, Jhon.
I know there is a number of birders in Japan, and this is the first time I encounter the forum's members from this coutry...you may have interaction with them.

If you don't mind,for a while longer I would visit here to keep the thread.

Actually, I'm not a intensive birder and a beginner both in birding and PC usage.
So,I always welcome your advice or suggestion, by all means.

(I know members acts independently, as not the represents of ones region.
BUT I'm now asking by myself that if I'm attempting to take over this thread...!!)

Yuko

Last edited:
Hi,

Blue is one of my favorite color, but it's chill for an envelop.
Recentry, each swallow nests looks busy.
I feel I would like to go to Mt.Unzen to watch House Martin.The whole of the second highest peak seems their nest.

Yuko

I find a good phrase to say this in two words;home truth

I was sickend to know that two Japaneas boys hit black and white swans to death at a park.It was a news a month ago and recnetly the following came.It says, the local zoo adopted the left eggs and has managed to keep them well, there remeins the hope to welcome the hatching. I feel relived and need to consider it.
Junior-high students are not toddlers who sometimes chase birds away just for joy.Was it so difficult to reash themselves from such violence for the age?

I'm waiting the news of the hatching,hopeing to be able to up it here.

Yuko

Good evening.

It came totally unwilling turn out for me, and I hate I have to bring you a sad infromation.
The six eggs survived that incident,which had got support of local zoo,has never hatched.
If even one of them could get to....
Being left alone for two days could be too long for eggs to manege thier life.
Some of you, visited this thread would foresee it in advance, since most of you're birder.
Many people have put their eyes on the sequence of this topic in Japan, and they've been waiting to hear favorable news.
But it didn't come, I need to accept the fact.

How long will it take the boys to sense and understand what they really did?
What is the cause of this tendency among youth to treat living things like their target for gaming?
Have you had the same kind of news around you?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back