• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hide clamp mobility scooter (1 Viewer)

shrek48

HI all<
Odd question here, I now have a mobility scooter to take me to reserves etc so I can re-start my bird photography. The scooter has steering handles(tiller) that are round and approx 1inch diameter, I want to buy a clamp that I can leave on the bars that I can easily attach an extension pole to and my camera.
a clamp alone would be way to low for me to take pictures so I need a clamp & extension pole, the extension could be fitted to the clamp before I set off on a trip but the camera needs to mount to it like it does on a tripod , quick and easy.
My intention is to carry the camera on a sling to avoid vibrations whilst driving and when I see something I can fairly quickly put the camera onto the clamp/extension to take pictures!
I do not want the camera & lens D7200 & Sigma 150-600 attached while driving due to vibrations and general shaking over rough ground.
Any brilliant coast effective ideas please?

Attachments

• clamp4.jpg
    clamp4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
You could try Halfords for advice, or any other cycle shop may offer various handlebar type fittings which you could adapt. A pole with camera attachment on the end, held on with a couple of bungees may work well enough.
I use my scooter most days of the week across fields and through woods but carry my P1000 around my neck.
Good luck with you search,
Another thought, a monopod held in place with bungies

Den

Last edited:
Manfrotto variable friction arm is super versatile. You can get all sorts of clamps, brackets etc for the ends.

there are lots of configurations so worth searching the manfrotto website

Attachments

• 879F6D2E-8F83-45BB-98E9-28184339179F.png
    879F6D2E-8F83-45BB-98E9-28184339179F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • A1846D0F-0594-46F3-9560-5C218561ABB7.png
    A1846D0F-0594-46F3-9560-5C218561ABB7.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Ps re read your post - might there be other places on the scooter to attach stuff? The manfrotto kit is super robust I.e heavy

I bet a professional photo video shop would help you come up with something effective even if above not quite right. If possible may be better to look in person etc.

sorry I have not been to Cebu for many years so not sure what is available there. Clearly a trip to Halfords is out of the question!!!!

HI all<
Odd question here, I now have a mobility scooter to take me to reserves etc so I can re-start my bird photography. The scooter has steering handles(tiller) that are round and approx 1inch diameter, I want to buy a clamp that I can leave on the bars that I can easily attach an extension pole to and my camera.
a clamp alone would be way to low for me to take pictures so I need a clamp & extension pole, the extension could be fitted to the clamp before I set off on a trip but the camera needs to mount to it like it does on a tripod , quick and easy.
My intention is to carry the camera on a sling to avoid vibrations whilst driving and when I see something I can fairly quickly put the camera onto the clamp/extension to take pictures!
I do not want the camera & lens D7200 & Sigma 150-600 attached while driving due to vibrations and general shaking over rough ground.

Have a look at the Smallrig site. They produce all kinds are weird and wonderful clamp devices.

Thanks all, lots to look at and think about, sorry for tardy reply, been a bit off colour !
The magic arms would be awesome, but as on Amazon they only carry 3kg and I guess my D7200 with sigma 150-600 is about 5kg sadly, or they would be perfect ;-)

HI all<
what about using the wing mirror bolt hole, these are 8 or 10mm. as to connect a bracket to.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back