• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best hide Clamp for Velbon M47 or any tripod with 20m centre pole (1 Viewer)

ajtuk

United Kingdom
Hi hoping to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge on here!

I currently have a Velbon M47 tripod (for use with my scope) and was looking to get a clamp to use in hides. But the centre pole is 20m diameter and although they come with various size sleeves the smallest suitable sleeve with a hide clamp I’ve found is 21m

The seller said it should be ok but could be a little bit of movement, obviously I’d rather it was as still as possible. Was thinking of using some gaffer tape to help pack up the 1m, make it more solid but surely there must be a clamp that fits a 20m pole, or am I being overly worried and the 21m sleeve will be fine?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back