• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Going to Kl (1 Viewer)

Michael Hogan

Acroperus
I'm off to KL in late april on a business trip. I am hoping to take a day or two extra but time will be limited. Is there anywhere close to KL that is worth visiting

If you've only got a couple of days my choice would be Fraser's Hill. It's about a 2 hour drive. Other possibility is Kuala Selengor. If you can get 3 days or more then definitely Taman Negara.

Michael there is a place in K.L. called Taman Rimba,Ampang just half an hour in drive K.L. it self-half a day should do it-birds seen there-Orange-backed Woodpecker.Minivets,Bulbuls,Falconates,Asian Fairy birds,Barbets,Sultan Tits and the star bird if you are lucky-the Blue-banded Kingfisher both Male and Female and there are quite a few more birds of hand i cant think of now.Regards. :t:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back