• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brecon Beacons Wildlife?? (1 Viewer)

PaulAshton

I'm off to the Brecon Beacons on friday to walk around the Pen y Fan and Neuadd Resevoir area.

Does anyone know what wildlife I should keep an eye out for?

What birds of prey could I see? mountain birds, maybe an adder?

Thanks,

Paul.

:eat:

Hi Paul,
Shame we didn't join the site until after you left. Hope you made it to the Elan valley, for more red kites than you will see together anywhere else, and buzzards, heather, meadowsweet, mosses like upholstery velvet, lichens like silver forests growing on every branch, wild sloes and damsons to go in your gin, bilberries, alder trees growing like mangrove swamps around Langorse lake, all the birds you would expect but in greater numbers, the milky way (no light pollution), I'm very jealous. And look out for the lady of the lake!
:hi:

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back