• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue tooth shutter control (1 Viewer)

Ian Byrnes

I use a PhoneSkope bluetooth shutter control with a Samsung S10 but find it's bit precarious & unreliable. Does anyone use a rock solid, work all the time, control?

I use a PhoneSkope bluetooth shutter control with a Samsung S10 but find it's bit precarious & unreliable. Does anyone use a rock solid, work all the time, control?
I also have one of those and I’ve given up using it. From day one it kept losing its pairing and needed to be re-paired. I’ve gone back to the cheap cable type shutter release I started with.

I've been using a Camkix BT shutter release for several years now. $12 US from Amazon. It's been very reliable and holds its pairing, once I put a name-brand battery in it. Nice and small, and when put in one's mouth with the button facing downward, you can take pictures with your tongue when your hands are trying stabilize the whole rig. (Don't share the device with anyone! :rolleyes: )

Scott

I've been using a Camkix BT shutter release for several years now. $12 US from Amazon. It's been very reliable and holds its pairing, once I put a name-brand battery in it. Nice and small, and when put in one's mouth with the button facing downward, you can take pictures with your tongue when your hands are trying stabilize the whole rig. (Don't share the device with anyone! :rolleyes: )

Scott
After trying a few (Amazon), for those that are experiencing bluetooth shutter control problems, I've found a good one (early days though).

SATECHI - BLUETOOTH MEDIA CONTROL
...made in Korea @ £26.99.

Paired easily with my phone & the signal hasn't dropped yet. Its bigger than most but fits nicely in to the hand & is well made - a bit like a small TV hand set. Controls more than I need but the shutter release is very good, with a positive click to activate photo, video & burst. A small red light shines when it's turned on so that you know that it's activated. Has worked positively for the last 10 days, usually from the security of my coat pocket - so fingers crossed for the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back