• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birding travel partners (1 Viewer)

chickadee

Can anyone advise me where the best place would be to connect with people looking for travel partners for global birding trips? I do several extended trips each year and am constantly looking for like-minded folk who wish to share expenses. I do both self-supported trips and those that involve hiring of local guides when needed, but prefer to avoid big tour groups and expensive hotels.

I have visited the WorldTwitch forum but there doesn't seem to be much activity from people looking for travel partners. Is the birdforum.net a better location, and if so, which category? Are there any other web forums or publications I should look into?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Chickadee,

First, welcome to BirdForum!

Yes, I'd guess here's as good as anywhere. It is always a tricky thing though to find people on the net, it is very hard to find out if the person you arrange to meet will be someone you'd get on with well or not (e.g. I detest tobacco smoke, and wouldn't want to go on a tour with anyone who smokes). But then again, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Taking risks with meeting people can be very rewarding too.

Michael

Taking risks with meeting people can be very rewarding too.

Michael you have produced some crackers, but this one is a world beater

"Lady birder 30ish Libra, likes camping and playing with matches, good cook has own knives, wishes to meet fellow birder for Birding holiday, interests include boiling rabbits and swapping medication"

Worth the risk Michael ? :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back