• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any birds in or around Basel, Switzerland (1 Viewer)

scodger

Hi

I'm sure there are! I'm in Basel on business Thursday but may get some time on Fri 18th Jan 2008 for a mooch around, though I'll be on foot. If any local birder has a few hours to show me round I''ll buy lunch, or can tell me if there are any sites around the city I'd be grateful

Cheers

Scodger

We do have a member that lives in Switzerland but don't know where {Ken Billington} I have sent him a PM to point out this thread to see if he knows of anywhere around Basel.

Hi Scodger, although I'm living at the other side of Switzerland, I can inform you about the Ornithological Society in Basel:
http://www.ogbasel.ch/
Coincidentally there is an excursion on Friday 18th January starting at 08.30. You might want to mail the president and ask for an invitation:
Jean-Pierre.Biber 'at' natcons.ch
Good luck and hope you have an interesting day in Basel.
Best regards
Ken Billington

We do have several members living in Switzerland...;)
I don't live in Basel but I can recommend you one site which you can easily reach. Take the tram Nr. 8 to Kleinhühningen (final station). Go out and walk down the small river to the harbour. You will reach the Rhine soon. You can go right, until you reach a deadpoint where the boats usually start in summer. You can see waterfowl here, including a wintering Lesser Scaup (if you are lucky). Herons and sometimes Great Egret may be seen here too.

If you look for someone to go out birding with you, place a request in the Swiss birding newsgroup. You will need to subscribe first (free) sending an empty mail to club300mail-subscribeATyahoogroups.de. Then send your mail to club300mailATyahoogroups.de (just replace the AT with @). You can easily unsubscribe later with an empty mail to club300mail-unsubscribeATyahoogroups.de

Greetings from Switzerland
André

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back