• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very light* setup (binoculars + scope) (1 Viewer)

@mwhogue I think I recognise that Minox case from an 8x25 I had quite a while ago (I think it was my first ever pair, I probably have the case lying around, but the binoculars took a shock and not only went seriously out of alignment but a strap loop was broken), nice that you have recycled it for other 8x25. I'd say that, as a plus, the Minox adds a touch of understatement. I remember the case that came with a "opera edition" 8x20 Swarovksi Habicht I had featured a silver case. I guess that in the mind of the designer, if the binocular was covered by precious stones (as it was), then a touch of silver wouldn't hurt :D

Yes that case came with the Minox 8x25 "body design by Volkswagen" if I recall correctly. A good looking, solidly built, small single hinge. Great specs including ER and FOV and four position eyecups. Very good IQ including sharpness to the edge. Great handling for me and nice big focus wheel. They now reside in a Vortex case.

... surprisingly, the performance of that 8x20 Habicht was honestly quite impressive, even if compared to the "holy grail of 8x20", the UVHD.

The 8x20 HABICHT lives in my briefcase in a thin but serviceable pouch for opportunities / emergencies. Agree, the image quality is very impressive even against the latest UV. That great little Swaro pouch has been recycled (and promoted) for ultra minimal belt carry of the 8x20 UVs and Curio.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back