• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Speculative 10x30/32 question (3 Viewers)

I think the kowa's biggest fault is sample variation. I have a soft spot for the 8x33 so have tried them whenever I've seen a sample - some are exceptional, others are a bit rubbish. I think it's this more than anything else that leads to the variety of opinions from reviewers.
I have tried many samples of Kowa's, and they are good, they are just well below alpha level as Jackjack says in his review. I find the Kowa Genesis to be a definite step below the Zeiss Conquest HD and the Nikon MHG, of which two I find to be the best binoculars at the $1000 price point.

Not only that, but I have come to like the MHG a little more than the Zeiss because I appreciate the fact that you get all the advantages of a 42mm aperture without any of the disadvantages, especially weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back