• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tascam DR-07 & parabolic mic (1 Viewer)

DJRWhittle

Hi everyone,

I have a Tascam DR-07 to which I’ve attached a parabolic microphone. I’m trying to use it to listen to the dawn chorus etc. but I’m having difficulty getting it to work. Given that I know both are working I’m assuming I have something set wrong in the recorder.

Is anybody here using this machine that could point me in the right direction as to what my settings should be?

Thanks

Derek

Is anybody here using this machine that could point me in the right direction as to what my settings should be?
I don’t use the Tascam, but I would have thought that there are only a few things that could be wrong.

Firstly, have you selected the input as an external mic? The manual is a bit sketchy, but it suggests that you press the menu button, then the + and - to select the Rec Settings to then set the input.

In the same menu do you have PiP turned on under Mic Power - assuming you are using a parabola that requires PiP! This should be the default, unless you have previously turned it off.

If the input routing is correct and power is being applied to the mic, then I suspect you will need to test cables and make sure that the recorder and mics are in fact working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back