• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where can you see devils and other wildlife in Tasmania etc.. (1 Viewer)

cassowary

I've barely had a chance to look through ebird and see where the endemics and specialty birds of Tasmania are found. I'm scheduled to be there in 3 weeks so I'll miss swift parrot and the elusive (for me) orange-bellied parrot in Tasmania however I do have 1 day at werribee after.

Anyway I can work out where to find the other bird species - however if there are particular places good for birds/wildlife that are notable please let me know.

However, where to see other wildlife is not as obvious - Tasmanian devil is be on the top of my species want list. I know their population has been drastically impacted by Devil facial tumor disease (and more recently another transmissible cancer) however hopefully there is a place where they are still 'view-able'. Also I'm not sure what else may be about. If you know of particular places for various species and feel comfortable sharing, please let me know.

BTW I'm probably going to go with just Morcombe's e-guide and an external speaker (not my typical set up but saves time not having to go through xeno canto).

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back