• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ta Nung Valley still accessible? (1 Viewer)

cendrawasih

Curious Birder
Hello!

I wonder if there is somebody who has visited Ta Nung Valley at Dalat lately. I read in some report thar it was closed for public because of some construction, but there are also some people who said that it is compeltely fine to visit. We were a little bit confused about it. It is ok if we need to pay something, but trespassing is not really our style.

Thanks for the information!

UPDATE: IT IS STILL ACCESSIBLE!

So i decided to go there anyway but a little bit late in the morning. The "iron gate" is open so we decided to get in anyway. The dog is barking and the resident caretaker aprroached us. At first, he doesnt want us to let in (in body language) but we said that we will pay if he allow us to get in.. so he grabbed his phone and start calling. After a few minutes, he gave his phone to me and the one in the phone said (in english) that we need to pay 100 dongs per person to get in. Because we really want to see the place we agreed to pay anyway and get into the valley.

The valley itself looks so quiet at first, maybe because we were late (it was 8 oclock, very close to the "9 a.m birding limit"). We were afraid that we came to wrong place.. but a couple hours waiting on the riverbed turned out to be very productive even after 9 oclock! We managed to get Indochinese Green Magpie, Parrotbill, Grey-crowned Crocias, White-necked Laughingtrush and many more. This place is spectacular!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back