• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

St. Boniface Industrial Park Patch (1 Viewer)

Yellow Rail - isn't that the hard-to-see bird?

Here is my minor report for yesterday: Nuthatch & Woodpecker. Don't know if it is the hairy or downy.

Never seen one,only heard one a few times.Here,behind the Costco on Regent Ave.and at Oak Hammoch Marsh.Only hear a few reports a year of fellow birders hearing this bird in Manitoba never mind seeing it!

I was very interested to read about the patch in St. Boniface. It sounds like a perfect place for someone who is keen on birds.

We have a stretch of the TransCanada trail near us. It's another great place in Winnipeg to walk and watch for birds.

We're waiting for the Baltimore orioles to make their May appearance. We've put out at least four feeders in our Charleswood yard hoping to attract them to stay for a bit when they do arrive. I often refer to the Journeys North map to help us determine when to expect them(http://www.learner.org/jnorth/maps/spring2012.html?layers=oriole_baltimore) We have put out oranges, a liquid feeder and grape jelly. I'm also watching the BirdForum for any comments about these lovely birds.

We have three types of feeders that hold oranges. The one I'm most interested to see the birds visit is a simple BBQ basket (normally holds veggies or burgers) from the dollar store which holds juicy orange slices and which is easy to suspend from a branch. I might also try an old suet feeder to hold the orange slices. We'll see.

It is a lovely place to do a walk and I think I know were that part of the TCT in Charleswood is ,it has been mentioned a few times on Manitobabirds!

You should get lots of visits of Baltimore Orioles with your feeders.My brother lives at Grand Marias and gets lots of visits,he uses half of an orange and just puts it on a tree.

Little report from my yard, NE of Winnipeg:

lots of American Goldfinch; Blue Jays; countless Blackbirds; woodpeckers; and wait for it - one lovely male Red Breasted Grosbeak. Yes! :king:

Boy, the females are pretty dull by comparison, aren't they.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back