• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spotted at Gartmorn Dam (1 Viewer)

Scozmos

United Kingdom
I was pretty wild last week and took a few days break in Falkirk. Why, you may ask? Used to live in that area and there were, still are some great walks all around, that said, it rained a blew a hoollie most days, c'est la vie eh? The Saman Tandoori restaurant made it all worthwhile though ;)
We found the walks at Canada Woods for the first time, didn't see a great deal of bird life but loved the woodland walk. Our other walk on the same day was at Gartmorn Dam, once again blowing a hoollie but it didn't pour so that was nice :ROFLMAO:
Loads of birds on the water there and saw the first Swallows of the year for me, LOTS of them! Two pairs of Great Crested Grebes, watched one pair pretending they were going to dance, just to wind us up and I managed to film it, long distance in high winds though so I won't share.
20240407 - GCG pair.jpg 20240407 - Shy GCG pair.jpg
What I did see that was interesting was a white or leucitic Greylag Goose among a flock of Canada geese, I think there were three Greylags, hard to tell properly.
20240407 - Special Greylag and friends at Gartmorn.jpg
20240407 - Special Greylag at Gartmorn.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back