• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pha Taem NP Thailand - Blue Rock Thrush again, Bulbul, Flycatcher...? (1 Viewer)

Bertus

Netherlands
January 2023.

3749 - Looks like male BRT philippensis, not sure breeding or not...?

3772 - Likely Yellow-vented Bulbul

3803 - Flycatcher, Little Pied, or Asian Brown or...?

Tnx again for advice

Attachments

• DSC03749 copy.JPG
    DSC03749 copy.JPG
    337.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC03772 copy.JPG
    DSC03772 copy.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC03803 copy.JPG
    DSC03803 copy.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 16
immature male, yes.. Asian Brown would be my first pick too. I doubt it can be said though.
Grey-streaked and Dark-sided Flycatcher (and other similar Thai species) may look very similar under circumstances. (Grahame help!)

I'll kindly pass on the bulbul.

cheers,
G

Last edited:
immature male, yes.. Asian Brown would be my first pick too. I doubt it can be said though.
Grey-streaked and even Dark-sided Flycatcher may look very similar under circumstances. (Grahame help!)

I'll kindly pass on the bulbul.

cheers,
G
Tnx Gerben, yes, Grahame helped me with the same question before. The Bulbul is 100 % a Yellow-vented. Lots of them all over the country...

The Muscicapa is an Asian Brown, face/head pattern + structural elements confirm.

Gerben, Grey-streaked is a very rare bird in SE Asia with a mere handful of records from Vietnam and a couple of very recent records from the Thai-Malay peninsula; a bird wintered in southernmost Thailand (Dec 2022-Feb 2023) and Singapore (Nov 2021).

Grahame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back