• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pha Taem NP Thailand - 2 x Flycatcher, Purple Sunbird...? (1 Viewer)

Bertus

Netherlands
Different day again. Found the two Flycatchers in the same minute.

3836, 3843 - Little Pied or Asian Brown or...?

3840, 3850 - Grey-headed Canary Flycatcher...?

3894, 3896 - male Purple Sunbird I would say ?

Tnx again everyone

Attachments

• DSC03836 copy.JPG
    DSC03836 copy.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC03843 copy.JPG
    DSC03843 copy.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC03840 copy.JPG
    DSC03840 copy.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC03850 copy.JPG
    DSC03850 copy.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC03894 copy.JPG
    DSC03894 copy.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC03896 copy.JPG
    DSC03896 copy.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 8
I think the first is Asian Brown, given the eye ring, the second is as you suggest and the third is an Ornate Sunbird given the yellow breast and throat. Though I don't recall ever seeing one with that should patch so as always I could be wrong:)
steve

I think the first is Asian Brown, given the eye ring, the second is as you suggest and the third is an Ornate Sunbird given the yellow breast and throat. Though I don't recall ever seeing one with that should patch so as always I could be wrong:)
steve
Tnx Steve and Grahame, right, I mistaked, I was so impressed by this patch, that we saw before, that I thought this is the same as before in this thread: Isan Thailand - which Sunbird species?. Awesome beautiful bird. But I missed the yellow breast, Purple Sunbirds don't have that. Meaning both species have that patch. Foresttwitcher said then: the yellow feathers you are seeing are not coverts or another part of the wing but a tuft of displaced body feathers which are usually covered by the closed wing when perched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back