• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

one for raptor fans. (1 Viewer)

pauco

Старлин&
wildlife on one.
wednesday 7pm peregrine falcon, how the young learn their
combat skills sounds a good half hours viewing.
bert

Very good it was to!

I want more programs on British Wildlife rather than what some cheetah is eating in Ouagadougo again...
Anyone from BBC listening? :)

Quite right Peteee,

I'm so sick of watching programmes about Lions and worse still, sharks. From watching TV you'd think there were only half a dozen species in the world!

MV

A brilliant programme. The dexerity of the Pigeons amazed me.

On a sadder note, there was a report on the news this morning about the rise in raptor poisoning. one case was a poisoned pigeon was held obver a nest of some Peregrines on the cliff near Plymouth and they found three dead Peregrines at the bottom. Makes my blood boil!

I agree Peteee. It's all part of this trend to Extreme this and Most Dangerous that. There's more to life than that.

well said -peteee & MV it was a cracking half hour, more would
be beter. david attenborough has got to be one of the best narraters on wildlife yet, did anyone see the program when
nick baker went looking for dippers? well the dippers dipped him
at least he could laugh at himself.
bert.
man is the only animal that blushes or needs to.

Aye
I want more programs with that Whispering bloke.
Simon I think his name is.
And more Bill Oddie programs (Obviously)
And A David Attenborough narrated "British Wildlife" would do me just fine, especially if they put in the same amount of time, money and effort as they did with Blue Planet, Life of Birds etc,etc.

sssssh peteee
simon king yeh not bad I wonder how he would manage in a
cave full of bat sh-t. he he.
bert
man is the only animal that blushes or needs to.

Jeez...no, not Simon King. Though I don't really care who narrates the stuff so long as the subject matter is up to scratch and isn't just a tedious rehash. The boy King is the worst culprit of all with his pointless Big Cat Diaries, when I think about the money paid to the whispering prat for that and consider what it could have been spent on back in UK to make original TV it makes me shudder.

Predators are by their nature pretty inactive most of the time - give me a show about something that actually does something rather than sitting around attracting flies...

MV

I thoroughly enjoyed the programme and thought the photography was amazing.David Attenborough's commentary was suitably understated,letting the peregrines 'talk' for themselves.
What a nice change from the normal bird programmes,with irritating 'look-at-me' comedians supplying banal one-liners for the duration.

I forgot Simon King did Big cat diaries!
doh

Some more programs with him whispering about
British Wildlife. Otters would be a good one he could get quite close with his lowered voice skills I reckon.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back