• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Observing European bird migration via radar (1 Viewer)

NBonomo

Hello, I'll be in eastern Europe this spring and am interested in monitoring nocturnal migration via radar while I am there. Here in the US such unfiltered radar returns are readily available for free to the public on the internet. However with a bit of an internet search I so far have been unable to find an equivalent for Europe. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Nick

Welcome to BirdForum. My understanding is that there isn't anything like this for Europe-wide coverage. I think it's a lot more complicated to integrate data across numerous countries, whereas in North America it's much simpler. I think there may be systems for some individual countries (maybe the Netherlands?). There are lots of nocturnal migration enthusiasts across Europe, however, so there is some sharing of information. The Trektellen site is probably the best place to find recent nocmig data:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back