• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New blog for Gwent birders (1 Viewer)

New blog up and running outlining my activities as a naturalist/birder in south East Wales. It aims to raise the profile of the recording of wildlife in an area of Wales that lacks good coverage and one, especially the valley areas, that suffers from a negative perception.

Check out: valleynaturalist.blogspot.com

I'll look forward to following this. I noticed a link to The Coleopterist, which means you must be steve w from the council???

Last edited:
Luke, Yes it is Steve W from the Council. Set up blog over xmas for a bit for fun , not that computer literate so we'll see how it develops.

How are things with you? Hope the job is going well.

Steve

things are going good down south, looking forward to the spring now for all the lovely moths and butterflies that dorset has to offer. I guess there'll be some good birds about aswell.

just noticed on your blog the gull with the ring. Did you manage to get the full number? Last winter i was spending quite a bit of time at semtex pond because of an interesting herring gull but also noticed two or three Black headed gulls with rings. I never managed to see the ring well enough to make out any numbers.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back