• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Binocular Bargains Thread (2 Viewers)

I
New Opticron’s DBA VHD+ 8x42 Binoculars ….. $535 with Coupon Code RAD25P at Optics Planet
I just looked back a few years here, I believe this is the lowest New USA Price delivered that I have seen. Definitely a great value Japan sourced Binocular Buy here !

Last edited:
The coupon code didn’t work when I tried it.
Earlier yesterday(am) when we saw the code, stock said qty 1, so we tried the code it worked then we ordered one for a family member. A few hrs later when I checked the code again it was still there, saying order soon 1 left. A couple of days before we used the code successfully, there was no code but the site said … Special Offer … call. We did, at that time the rep’s lowest offer price was $595. My Nephew was not interested, but he was when I told him I could get it with the 25 percent off. I just checked again , the code is not offered and no reference to any special offer ? No stock mentioned this time, with 11-14 day delivery time stated. Maybe the special offers were just for the low stock qty remaining. I wonder if Opticron is discontinuing these because Opticron’s Web site had these on sale. If you are still interested I would call OpticsPlanet to see what price they would be willing to offer to you, it’s worked for me in the past. I also have seen this model offered on Dvor.com (OpticsPlanet) greatly reduced but there they do not offer returns.

Earlier yesterday(am) when we saw the code, stock said qty 1, so we tried the code it worked then we ordered one for a family member. A few hrs later when I checked the code again it was still there, saying order soon 1 left. A couple of days before we used the code successfully, there was no code but the site said … Special Offer … call. We did, at that time the rep’s lowest offer price was $595. My Nephew was not interested, but he was when I told him I could get it with the 25 percent off. I just checked again , the code is not offered and no reference to any special offer ? No stock mentioned this time, with 11-14 day delivery time stated. Maybe the special offers were just for the low stock qty remaining. I wonder if Opticron is discontinuing these because Opticron’s Web site had these on sale. If you are still interested I would call OpticsPlanet to see what price they would be willing to offer to you, it’s worked for me in the past. I also have seen this model offered on Dvor.com (OpticsPlanet) greatly reduced but there they do not offer returns.
If it said 1 left, that was the last one and the code was probably only applicable to that particular pair of binoculars. Thanks nonetheless for the heads up and have a good weekend!

New Opticron’s DBA VHD+ 8x42 Binoculars ….. $535 with Coupon Code RAD25P at Optics Planet
My Nephew receive his New Opticron DBA VHD+ 8x42 binoculars today. Amount paid was $535 plus tax = $580. Shipped. Amazing, this has got to be the lowest price I have ever known to be on this model. We helped him assess his buy, I could tell right away these were not Used/Demo or a Return. Some might wonder how could I possibly know this ? Like many here, I have handled many New and used Binoculars over a 50 plus year span. Since he is not as experienced as I am, I looked these over pretty throughly. Everything worked properly, reminding me just how tact sharp/ bright these are. I also looked at the exit pupils of this pair because of discussions past complaining of some being truncated. Not on this pair, round/circular perfect. A few years back the pair we purchased on sale was $683 from OpticsPlanet and we thought this price was the rock bottom to be had. I am still wondering now if the discounted prices I have seen these past 30 days is a sign Opticron is phasing these out. I hope not. Even at the average retail price I have seen here in the USA of $700-$800, I think it’s a very reasonable price for such a high quality Japan sourced 8x42 binocular.

Last edited:
My Nephew receive his New Opticron DBA VHD+ 8x42 binoculars today. Amount paid was $535 plus tax = $580. Shipped. Amazing, this has got to be the lowest price I have ever known to be on this model. We helped him assess his buy, I could tell right away these were not Used/Demo or a Return. Some might wonder how could I possibly know this ? Like many here, I have handled many New and used Binoculars over a 50 plus year span. Since he is not as experienced as I am, I looked these over pretty throughly. Everything worked properly, reminding me just how tact sharp/ bright these are. I also looked at the exit pupils of this pair because of discussions past complaining of some being truncated. Not on this pair, round/circular perfect. A few years back the pair we purchased on sale was $683 from OpticsPlanet and we thought this price was the rock bottom to be had. I am still wondering now if the discounted prices I have seen these past 30 days is a sign Opticron is phasing these out. I hope not. Even at the average retail price I have seen here in the USA of $700-$800, I think it’s a very reasonable price for such a high quality Japan sourced 8x42 binocular.
Sounds like those are a keeper. They’re probably being discontinued. You found a great deal on a pair of MIJ binoculars for your nephew.

Sounds like those are a keeper. They’re probably being discontinued. You found a great deal on a pair of MIJ binoculars for your nephew.
For those of you interested in the Opticron DBA VHD Binocular line, a daily look on line(internet) for a great sale could save you hundreds of dollars. A binocular well worth the search.

Nikon has an extra 10% off refurbished binoculars today.

That makes the Monarch HG 10x42 $630 and the 8x42 $617

Those are great deals but according to Nikon’s website, you only receive a 90-day warranty on refurbished binoculars. That’s a dealer breaker in my opinion. Thanks for the heads up!

If anyone in the US is looking for a Nikon SE 8X32, there is one posted for sale on Astromart Binocular Classifieds by a well known seller for $520.

If anyone in the US is looking for a Nikon SE 8X32, there is one posted for sale on Astromart Binocular Classifieds by a well known seller for $520.
He's selling the absolute mint/new 10x35 E2's he just bought from me as well :) Great chance to get a new pair of those also

Nikon has an extra 10% off refurbished binoculars today.

That makes the Monarch HG 10x42 $630 and the 8x42 $617

Wish I had caught that deal. Would like to get a pair of 8x42s to compliment my 10x42s. Guessing they’ll do it again sometime though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back