• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Televid 62 any users? need some advice please (1 Viewer)

Raydes

Dinosaur in action
Hi all,

Is here someone using the televid 62 Apo?
For digiscoping and or watching.
I am intending to buy myself this scope with a zoom and i wonder what the lower magnification on the zoom brings for digiscoping.

Regards&thanks already,

Raymond,Belgium

I have a Swarovski, Raydes, so I can't answer your question properly. However, I can tell you that I frequently wish for a lower magnification from my ATS80HD & 20-60 zoom, and never find myself wanting a higher magnification. That's digiscoping. For just watching, the 20X60 is fine .

For digiscoping, I guess the ideal zoom eyepeice would be about ... oh .. say 15 -45 or even 12 - 40.

Thanks Tannin,

I am not ready to go for the 62 or 65 mm scopes,today I heard that some people who bought a Leica 62 very rapidly sold it again because it needs more light(sun) to digiscope with it.
But they told me it was exellent for watching.

I need some more time to decide wich scope,at the moment my thoughts go for Leica 62?? or Zeiss 85.

I have to go out more and meet people who are digiscoping so I can have a look at their combinations.

Anyway thanks for your reply ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back