• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gull sp Guadalhorce,Malaga, April 2024 (1 Viewer)

Mr G.Finch

Hi,

Like others I really struggle identifying gulls,

Would this be a 1cy Yellow Legged Gull?

Regards

Attachments

• DSC_0554.JPG
    DSC_0554.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 25
Hello,

yes its a 1st cycle=2nd cy Yellow legged Gull for me too. Taking location into acount it looks not so good for much rarer Herring or Caspian Gulls. (but I struggle to eliminate a Lesser Black backed Gull with confidence)
Please compare diluted underwing pattern of your bird to the more striking chequered one from the similar Audiuns Gull and note dark chevrons on undertail

Hello,

yes its a 1st cycle=2nd cy Yellow legged Gull for me too. Taking location into acount it looks not so good for much rarer Herring or Caspian Gulls. (but I struggle to eliminate a Lesser Black backed Gull with confidence)
Please compare diluted underwing pattern of your bird to the more striking chequered one from the similar Audiuns Gull and note dark chevrons on undertail
Thank you for your detailed response

Users who are viewing this thread

Back