• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Griswold’s UK Birding List 2021 (1 Viewer)

Congrats on the lifer - sadness for no photo😥
Cheers Julie. I actually thought the camera had packed up so pleased it was just the battery. I did get one phone photo though. Contender for worst photo of the year :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 0C0ABAC2-5A6B-4730-9F49-992BE9D7C054.jpeg
    0C0ABAC2-5A6B-4730-9F49-992BE9D7C054.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Headed down to Machynys today. For once my timing was spot on. The Skua was showing tremendously well. It then flew out over the estuary and was lost to sight. Unfortunately the battery in my camera was dead so no photos :cry:

128. Long-tailed Skua. Lifer #2

Superb bird. Takes the life list up to 296.
Nice one Rich!

Chris

Added a few year ticks since being in Scotland.

129. Hooded Crow
130. Arctic Tern
131. Tystie
132. Fulmar
133. Kittiwake
134. Sanderling
135. Great Northern Diver
136. Short-eared Owl
137. Common Guillemot
138. Puffin
139. Bonxie
140. Northern Gannet
141. Manx Shearwater

A quick visit to Ham Wall after work today. Always a good place to visit. Warblers everywhere. Marsh Harriers, GWE’s etc. etc.

Fortunately the target bird showed really well if only briefly. Thanks to the birders on site for getting on to it.

166. River Warbler Lifer #4 🍻🍻🍻
167. Bittern

Will definitely get back and spend more time there with my youngest.

Rich

Life list now at 298.

Last edited:
Luckily put the dinner on early this morning. Beef slow cooked in red wine. Bernie (I think)found an adult Rose-coloured Starling in Llanelli. Borrowed OH’s car and headed down. Parked by Delta Lakes and walked along the main road. Within 100 metres I was onto the target bird. A great looking adult. I’ve only seen a juvenile in the past.

Back home in time to knock up some cauliflower and broccoli in cheese (y)

168. Rose-coloured Starling

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back