• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good Day everyone 😊 (1 Viewer)

Crystal Lee

United States
I'm having problems knowing when I'll be able to let this baby BlueJay go free ...as I have cats πŸ€”πŸ¦ actually my cat brought him to me ...so I've been feeding him ect...I let him free a week ago and he just cried all day and a wild cat tried to get him so I caught him with a butterfly net and he is growing fast πŸ€” but it's hard for me to keep him ..as I work and have cat's 🐈 plus there's wild cats I've been feeding also .. anyone know what age he can go out on his own ? Appreciate any help here in E. Texas

Welcome to Birdforum. Do you have a wildlife centre or rehab centre which could help?

Hi Crystal and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. They're ready to fledge when they've got feathers rather than down. Maybe you'd be better to get in touch with a local wildlife rehab centre in your area and see if they can assist. It doesn't sound a good environment to release a young bird, without it's parents to watch over him and warn of the dangers.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

I'm having problems knowing when I'll be able to let this baby BlueJay go free ...as I have cats πŸ€”πŸ¦ actually my cat brought him to me ...so I've been feeding him ect...I let him free a week ago and he just cried all day and a wild cat tried to get him so I caught him with a butterfly net and he is growing fast πŸ€” but it's hard for me to keep him ..as I work and have cat's 🐈 plus there's wild cats I've been feeding also .. anyone know what age he can go out on his own ? Appreciate any help here in E. Texas
aI don’t know the answer to that question but you might want to consider getting a bird cage til your for sure! then you don’t have to worry about the cats!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back