• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Danish Woodland Webcam (2 Viewers)

Goshawk attack 11:15 to 11:20. These two pictures show the first Goshawk arriving and returning, but just at the moment it returns on the right a second Goshawk drops down at top left and goes into the bushes behind the big tree. The first bird moves from left into these bushes at 11:17 and one of them chases the Pheasant on the ground and then in flight from 11:19 to 11:20. Best viewed at quarter-speed. It's worth the wait.
Managed to miss your post yesterday ... despite visiting this thread and the webcam.

Caught up with Nuthatch and Yellowhammer by viewing within the 12 hours the other day.

Managed to miss your post yesterday ... despite visiting this thread and the webcam.

Caught up with Nuthatch and Yellowhammer by viewing within the 12 hours the other day.
Could easily happen again. The chat posters only spotted the later business with the Goshawk thinking there was only one, but I discovered the earlier visit and the 2nd bird by chance when scrolling back and forth trying to tie down the actual time of the event. The sight of a Gos galumphing after the Pheasant on the ground was almost comical, though I doubt the Pheasant would have thought so.

Last edited:
Mine was a bit earlier this morning ...

Polar Bear at 11:11 ...

... at least that's what my brain told me when viewing the small image on this thread whilst still half asleep ... ;-)

I'm kind of keeping a list now, but only of birds I've seen on the webcam in 'real time'. So no going-backsies.

Fieldfare at 3:30 (actually 3 of them) and around 2 minutes earlier, and having a squabble a few minutes later.

(Actually a fair bit harder to id stuff with the contrast of the camera having gone due to white out issues)

Tawny Owl calling shortly after dusk, followed by 1 then 2 foxes.

18:51 - a Marten (presumably Beech/Stone?) on the ground briefly, then in the tree followed by another (large) fox, which also went for it briefly. Not sure if the same 2 foxes or maybe 3 in total. @Farnboro John ;-)

I haven't subscribed yet to view the comments admittedly.

Fieldfare at 3:30 (actually 3 of them) and around 2 minutes earlier, and having a squabble a few minutes later.

(Actually a fair bit harder to id stuff with the contrast of the camera having gone due to white out issues)
I thought I saw one Fieldfare but it moved off screen so fast I couldn't be sure. I lighten an image by taken a screengrab, saving in Windows 'Paint' and lightening it in 'PhotoFiltrre', an excellent small, basic editing suite with simple tools (and it's free). Yep, the snow sends the cam off kilter with regard to contrast and darkens everything else.

I thought I saw one Fieldfare but it moved off screen so fast I couldn't be sure. I lighten an image by taken a screengrab, saving in Windows 'Paint' and lightening it in 'PhotoFiltrre', an excellent small, basic editing suite with simple tools (and it's free). Yep, the snow sends the cam off kilter with regard to contrast and darkens everything else.
Later on they were a lot more conspicuous - guarding the apples and giving the blackbirds lots of grief!!

Something has scared them all away - can’t see it though.
Scrolled back and it did look like the way birds scatter for a sparrowhawk (and don't return for ages). Then later at 11:30 it happened again and the bird (female sparrowhawk I think as opposed to goshawk) appears in the top right hand branches fr a few minutes.

I went onto Youtube for it and one of the links in the chat was the spreadsheet -

Seems like there is a lot of mammal watching going on - more than 3 foxes, given names etc. Clicking on the birds tab - looks like Fieldfare was a new species for the cam.

Today 9:01 female Yellowhammer close to bottom left-hand corner and a bit later male Bullfinch just in front of the big tree at the back briefly. Fieldfare also back. Also at least 13 Hooded Crows

Attachments

• 2024-02-12 Female Yellowhammer.jpg
    2024-02-12 Female Yellowhammer.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2024-02-12  THriteen Hooded Crows.jpg
    2024-02-12 THriteen Hooded Crows.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back