• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Confluence of Mun and Mekong rivers Thailand - some raptor ID ? (3 Viewers)

Bertus

Netherlands
Afternoon 24 Januari 2023, bit inland from the rivers. Not Black Kite....? Tnx for advice

Attachments

• DSC04071 copy.JPG
    DSC04071 copy.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC04072 copy.JPG
    DSC04072 copy.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC04073 copyJPG.JPG
    DSC04073 copyJPG.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 11
Brahminy Kite
Tnx Andrew , I have seen them a lot on the coast in the South-west, but always with a clear brown/white separation, even on the underpart. Now I see that juveniles have different coloration but still with some clear brown, more than in this bird. But I don't know raptors so very well. So it could be a juvenile BK..?

Tnx Andrew , I have seen them a lot on the coast in the South-west, but always with a clear brown/white separation, even on the underpart. Now I see that juveniles have different coloration but still with some clear brown, more than in this bird. But I don't know raptors so very well. So it could be a juvenile BK..?
Yes, an immature Brahminy Kite. The wing pattern and shape are fairly distinctive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back